What I'm Listening to...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, November 15, 2008

First REAL post

Not really sure what to write but since music is really near and dear to my heart, I decided to post my latest playlist.

1. Mary Mary-Get Up
Great inspirational song! It gives me that "get up and go" that I need in order to start my day. That is unless I'm feeling extra lazy! LOL!

2. Christina Aguilera-Keeps Getting Better
I just love her. Her voice is phenomenal. I have to say that she has fallen off recently (Have you seen pics of her? She looks a HOT mess!), but this song makes up for it.

3. Adele-Cold Shoulder
I don't know what's in the water over there in the UK, but I swear singers from across the pond are bring soul back in a BIG way.

4. Pink-So What
Ahhh...an up-tempo break up song. What more could you ask?

5. Ciara f/T-Pain-Go Girl
I'm bascially tired of T-Pain, but hey it's dance song by Ciara. Can't go wrong there.

6. T.I. f/ Rhianna-Live Your Life
Do I really need to explain this?

7. Ashanti-You're Gonna Miss
Another break up song...but with an 80's like beat. I don't really like Ashanti, but the song is definitely catchy. You can never go wrong with an oldschool beat to me.

8. Adele-Make You Feel My Love
One word...BEAUTIFUL!!!

9. John Legend f/ Estelle-No Other Love
Can't go wrong with these two together. I'm actually not that crazy about John Legend's new album, but this one caught my attention.

10. John Legend-Good Morning
Another one of the few songs I liked from his album. What woman doesn't want a man to wake her up with a song??

11. Fallout Boy-I Don't Care
Fallout Boy...hell yeah!!! And as with every other Fallout boy song, I have no idea what they're talking about!! But d*** if it doesn't sound catchy!!

12. Kevin Rudolf-In the City
I can't get into "Let it Rock." Maybe because Lil' Wayne is in it. Anywho, this song sounds 10 times better to me. Dude has serious guitar skills.

13. The Veronicas-Untouched
This is actually kinda old. Just heard it for the first time not too long ago. Also has an 80's like beat. Luvin it!!

14. The Pussycat Dolls-I Hate this Part
Sad breakup song. Can't have too many of those on the same playlist. S*** gets depressing.

15. Janelle Monae-Sincerely Jane
Her album has a sci-fi theme to it, with the exception of this and a few other songs. I'm actually starting to get into the sci-fi songs though. Maybe it's the whole storytelling thing. I'm not sure, but she's definitely one watch.

16. Santogold-Creator
Gotta love her! This song is a big f*** you to conventionalism. Her whole style is as well. A black girl who refuses to be defined as a R&B or Hip-Hop artist. Fight the power girl!

17. M.I.A. f/Timbaland-Come Around
I don't know how to describe this girl. The fact that she came out of nowhere should tell you something. The beat on this song is SERIOUS!!!

18. M.I.A. f/Jay-z-Boyz (Remix)
The first 10 seconds of the song makes you go WTF?! Once that marching band beat comes in, it's over! The fact that Jay-Z is on it makes it THAT much better!

19. M.I.A.-Paper Planes
No need to explain. If you can't understand the AWESOMENESS (yeah I said it!) of this song, I'm gonna pray for you...

20. Beyonce-Single Ladies
YEAH BOI!!!! This is my jam!!! Unfortunately for B, her album sounds like crap so I don't think they'll be too many more of her songs on my playlists. *Hangs head in disappointment* Oh well, more room for everyone else!

Yeah I realize the randomness of that list, but hey that's me!! :)

-Nicole

No comments: